Sunday, December 15, 2013

My First Lolita Meet!

Hello everyone! It's been awhile since I've made a post. Things just got hectic for me in the last few months ^^"

Last month, I was finally able to go to my first ever lolita meet up! 

I've been in love with lolita fashion since the beginning of grade 9, but I just didn't have the money to fund such an expensive hobby. I mean, $30 for a pair of socks?? I didn't start building up my wardrobe until 3 years later. In between, I never owned more than 2 dresses at a time. My first 2 pieces were a replica of Fantastic Dolly and a Bodyline JSK. The only times I got to wear them was on Halloween. 

I got my first brand piece as a birthday present. My second piece was from a BtSSB Cyber Monday sale. Slowly, I started building it up. As of now, it's still pretty tiny. I don't own any lolita accessories, just lolitable ones. I make do :D

I've never went to a lolita meet up. Reason was partially because I didn't even know a lolita community existed here until earlier this year, and the fact that I had a horrible experience with one of the lolitas before I joined. I wore my replica JSK at a local anime/cultural event and one of the lolitas said that the strap of the JSK "totally gave it away". I really didn't know how to take it, but I ended up taking it badly. And when I finally joined the Facebook group, all the meets landed on a bad day for me.

Without further adooo-
What I wore:
Pas de Deux in the Blue Moon Odette JSK - BtSSB
Bag - Tralala
Necklace (can't really see) and Rose hair clip - F21
Everything else is off brand



I usually cake on the makeup, but I was in a rush so I felt so under-madeup that day haha- 

We went for a late afternoon tea party. Not the best place I've been to but it was pretty good! There was an odd number of us and I arrived a bit late so I had a whole set to myself.

Little Prince Afternoon Tea at Rose House.
Everything was really good! The tea was a bit bitter for my tastes. They gave you a small packet of sugar but I never felt like it was enough. The pastries were warm and I really love the rose jam and devonshire cream that came with the scone. My favourite has to be the jelly at the top. I don't remember what kind it was but the flavouring was light and just the perfect finish.

Photo Credit to Kaede Ai.
I was elated that I was able to attend this meet. Totally contrary to how I thought it would be like. Everyone was really nice and welcoming; I never felt left alone or alienated in anyway. Thanks to Kaede for hosting this!

Until next time~
JAN

P.S. Look what's coming for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment