Friday, August 15, 2014

High Tea Time: Patisserie Fur Elise

Hello everyone!

I'm gonna change it up a bit and do some food reviews! I want to try every high tea service here, and so this will be something like a checklist.

(I visited Fur Elise in 2013, so the information may not be up to date and I don't know if they have made any changes as of late.)

The interior was amazing o3o
This place actually took me awhile to find because I wasn't expecting a house. This tea house is not just part of a commercial building, it's a Victorian-esque house renovated into what it is now. I believe the owners are Taiwanese? The first floor is like a patisserie shop, the top floor is where the tea service takes place.

The tea sets!
Sweets on top, savouries on the bottom.
I don't have a picture, but we also received an appitizer. It was a pudding with blueberry sauce (I believe) and a piece of gold foil on top. The tea was...not amazing. I was a bit disappointed with it. I'm not the most knowledgable with tea, but I remember it tasting like tea I get from dimsum? Maybe I just made a bad choice ^^" 

bottom tier
top tier
The size of the savory selection was a bit big. Trying to eat it daintily was quite a challenge. I don't quite remember what the brown desserts were, but they weren't my favourite. The green squares are green tea mousse with red bead. The pink ones, strawberry. the white ones in the back were the same as the appitizer so I'm not too sure what it was. The macarons were awesome, strawberry and lemon.

Couldn't find an outfit photo where I looked decent...
I wore Chess Story's Mariage d'amour JSK with a Mystery Garden blouse. The "headband" is actually a F21 necklace I fastened onto a plain headband haha- Shoes are from Taobao. Bracelets were giveaway prizes from a local online shop (not sure if you can see them).

Would I go back? Yes. But the price is off putting. So far, this has been one of the more expensive places. Still, I'd totally comeback for the whole atmosphere. 

Thanks for reading!
JAN

~*Here's a bonus photo of my dear bestie*~

She wears Meta's Room print way better than me.




No comments:

Post a Comment